Moderator: DCO

FrancescaVeronica
Name: Francesca Veronica
2020 Troops:: 1
Total Troops: 10

Fran's cleared Senatorial Leia/ESB end scene Leia

Post by FrancescaVeronica » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Dress
My dress is actually a top and a skirt. As I am 5'7'' I was to tall and my arms to long to make it all one piece.
I used 'John Kaldor Ritual Plain Stretch Poly Spandex Jersey Dress Fabric White' from minervacrafts for the outside and the lining.
Here you can see pretty well how the lining works. Basically you just sew both of the pieces together and then turn them inside out

I basically used a pattern like this https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... dAAAAABAD/
But then I made the skirt and the top separately. The skirt has some elastic at the top to give it the draping effect

There is a slit on either side that goes up to your knee.

Then I also made the top also double layered like the skirt. This is what it looks like without the skirt

And then I also made a double layered rectangle for the hood. I think the more accurate way is using a single layer and then finishing it with a roll hem but I liked how the double layer looked. The length of the hood is till around upper/mid bum area.

The last step was adding a collar. When sewing with stretchy fabric you need to be careful that you don't pull on it whilst sewing, otherwise you'll end up with a bit of a deformed collar. I would also recommend adding some reinforcement to it.

You leave an opening at the back (mine is around 17cm long) and the closure at the back of the neck consist of 3 hook and eyes

Belt
For the belt I took an old one apart that I got from a costume shop a while ago for a Leia costume before I discovered rebel legion. I'm pretty sure it was this style of belt https://www.amazon.com/Princess-Leia-Co ... B0119UMZZM
The belt like this is NOT approvable, due to the v shape at the front. However I used the metal pieces for my new belt. I don't work with real leather so I wrapped a 2mm foam piece in some white faux leather and then screwed the metal pieces on and added a velcro closure at the back
The top one is my approved belt, the bottom one was my old non approvable one

Boots
I ordered these on amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4HK47A/re ... JgLurA__rQ
These are the ones that are usually recommended for Senatorial and ESB end scene Leia. If you have very wide calfs they might feel a bit snug. I'd also recommend soft insoles for long days of trooping.

Blaster (Senatorial only)
My blaster is one of those white and orange toy blasters.
The only thing I did was spray paint it black

Senatorial Hair
I used two long strands of kanekalon hair and made some finished buns as they are way quicker to put in than having to twist buns every time. whilst twisting a bun I hot glued and bobby pinned them together so the shape would stick. Then I added a hair net around the buns and hot glued some of those silver hair combs on the inside. When I put the buns in I make two tiny buns out of my own hair and put the big ones on top, and then bobby pin them in place (Take a shot every time I've written buns in these few sentences).
My natural hair colour isn't brown and I don't like wearing wigs unless I absolutely have to, so I spray my hair brown with root cover up. The best brand I've found so far is 'The Root Fix'

ESB end scene hair
For this hair style I make a high bun on my head, spray my hair brown and then wrap a long strand of kanekalon hair around two times and bobby pin it in place

That's it!

I hope this has been helpful :grin:

Return to “Royalty & Senatorial Cleared Threads”