Will's Episode 2 Anakin

WIPs without activity for over 12 months are stored here
Please post up or message one of the Base team to move threads back to active!

Moderator: DCO

Tal Skirata
Detachment CO
Name: William Evans
2020 Troops:: 1
Total Troops: 17
501st Number: 17717

Will's Episode 2 Anakin

Post by Tal Skirata » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Guess I should put this back up and start discussing it if I want to try and get this ready for mem, besides the obvious dressing issues what do we think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangams
North West Events Coordinator & Britannia Temple Master
Name: David Sandground
2020 Troops:: 3
Total Troops: 78
501st Number: 22424

Re: Will's Episode 2 Anakin

Post by Dangams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

I reckon it would clear as generic for sure. When I get home tonight I'll compare it to the little Ani standard for you.
You are missing one vital component, though. The most attractive hairstyle in the galaxy far far away.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tal Skirata
Detachment CO

Post by Tal Skirata » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 am

I do have both braids just never put them on for this round of photos, I'll put them on on their own today, and get some pictures of the individual pieces for you to be able to see them all better.

Tal Skirata
Detachment CO

Post by Tal Skirata » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Let me know what else you want to see.

Undershirt

Belt according the references (the crl states the back food caps in a different place to a reference I have

Long braid

Dangams

Post by Dangams » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:36 pm

So, looking at the standards, these are the things that I reckon may be an issue. Some might just require better photos, some might require making changes.
OT: The standards ask for brown raw silk or 'other natural fabrics with the same weaving texture is accepted'. You'll need a close up in decent light to show the fabric. I'm also slightly concerned that the sleeves and the skirt of the OT may be a little bit too short?
Cloth tabards: I'd suggest a photo without the leather tabards so the cloth ones can be seen clearly. There isn't really enough of them visible to make much of a comment.
Leather tabards: At the front, the Y shape isn't that obvious - it could be a dressing issue, or you might need to add some seams behind the sash so that the bottom halves hang better.
Trousers: Standards say they need to be darker than the OT.
Belt: If the standard is different from the references you're using, make sure you submit the reference images as well.
Braid: You'll need a photo in better light to show the colour and placement of the bands.

Hope these comments help!

Tal Skirata
Detachment CO

Post by Tal Skirata » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:24 pm

I'll try and dye the trousers this week then, the reference for the belt is actually in the reference library but I'll include it when the time comes.

Do you want a better photo of the braid with it on me or just a better pic in general?

Here's a pic of the fabric the OT is made from really hope it's ok because version three is where I'm going to draw the line with this damn costume Image

And the tabards would be a pain in the backside as the cloth and leather ones are sewed together then sewed onto the OT to keep them in place.

Dangams

Post by Dangams » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:03 pm

I reckon that should probably pass as close enough.

For the braid, it's probably better that it's on you so you can show that it matches your hair as well.

And for the tabards, try to take some photos where you can show that they meet the various requirements?

Tal Skirata
Detachment CO

Post by Tal Skirata » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:17 pm

I've noticed I need to add the red band at the bottom of the braid as currently its just two blue bands so I'll need to sort that first too.

To be brutally honest I think the fabric is at the bare minimum, close enough yeah, not to be degrading to another member of RL that's not the point of what im going to say because his costume looks good, but if they'll clear an episode 2 anakin (within the last 10 months) that has similar fabric but is practically red/ burgundy then its fair to say id pull the LCJ's up on that.

and of course I'll figure something out to show the cloth tabbards just saying I cant simply take the leather ones out to show them.

Return to “Archive WIPs”