SE - 21 – 22/12/19 – Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance (Cineworld) – Braintree, Essex

Current events sign-up area
DarthJay
Name: Jason Day
2019 Troops: 8
Total Troops: 17

SE - 21 – 22/12/19 – Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance (Cineworld) – Braintree, Essex

Post by DarthJay » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:37 pm

EVENT NAME: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance

DATE: Saturday, 21 December 2019 - Sunday, 22 December 2019

TIMES: 10:30 – 21:00 (Trooping as little or as long as individuals prefer to between these hours. Up to 6 members trooping at any one time, rotation/shifts is also an option)

ADDRESS:
Cineworld Cinemas,
Braintree Freeport Leisure,
Charter Way,
Braintree,
Essex,
CM77 8YH

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Secure changing room provided.
- Free parking in the first Freeport Retail Park car park (B&Q side) next to the cinema (provide vehicle registration to cinema management upon arrival, who will be able to have a permit issued).
- Some light refreshments provided on the day.
- Blasters, Lightsabers, etc. are permitted.

All that is asked of us is to interact with the public, pose for photos and generally have fun.

As this is the final instalment of the Skywalker Saga the organisers are happy to accept characters from any of the 9 Episodes.

UKG and Mando Mercs have been invited

Please note – Attending members are required to have and provide a copy of their CRB/DBS Check

POINT OF CONTACT ON THE DAY: Connor – 07874 805683

SIGN-UP AS OF – 9/11/19:

Saturday, 21 December 2019 (please State the times you would like to troop from and to when signing up)
Arrival time: From 9:00 (available from 9:00)
Start time: From 10:30am
End time: Up To 21:00

1. Jason Day - Jedi General/Jedi/RFT - DarthJay (10:00 - 16:00)
2. Simon Webber - Crew - Gingerjedi (10:00 - 16:00)

Sunday, 22 December 2019 (please State the times you would like to troop from and to when signing up)
Arrival time: From 9:00 (Changing available from 9:00)
Start time: From 10:30am
End time: Up To 21:00

1. Jason Day - Jedi General/Jedi/RFT - DarthJay (10:00 - 16:00)
2. Simon Webber - Crew - Gingerjedi (10:00 - 16:00)

SIGN-UP CLOSES – : 18/12/19
Cleared Costumes:
Jayso Dag - Jedi Master
Jayce 'Ace' Dagg - Rebel Fleet Trooper
General Jayso Dag - Jedi General

East Anglia Events Coordinator

DarthJay

Re: SE - 19 – 22/12/19 – Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance (Cineworld) – Braintree, Essex

Post by DarthJay » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Cleared Costumes:
Jayso Dag - Jedi Master

DarthJay

Re: SE - 19 – 22/12/19 – Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance (Cineworld) – Braintree, Essex

Post by DarthJay » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Saturday and Sunday please:

Jason Day - Jedi General/Jedi/RFT - DarthJay and Simon Webber - Crew - Gingerjedi
Cleared Costumes:
Jayso Dag - Jedi Master

WookieeDave
Name: David White
2019 Troops: 1
Total Troops: 1

Re: SE - 21 – 22/12/19 – Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance (Cineworld) – Braintree, Essex

Post by WookieeDave » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:00 pm

I notice that a lot of the cinema sign ups have been shared with the UK garrison. Just wondering if there was a reason why this hadn't. I thought it might increase the amount of attendance. I will likely sign up as Chewie I just need to sort out my CRB and make sure I am available for the weekend. I'll let you know

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jerrick Sunrunner
Elstree Base Base Commanding Officer Krayt Squadron CO Southern Events Coordinator
Name: Mark Mulcaster
2019 Troops: 26
Total Troops: 50
501st Number: BH63827
MMCC Name:: Jerrick Sunrunner

Re: SE - 21 – 22/12/19 – Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Cinema Appearance (Cineworld) – Braintree, Essex

Post by Jerrick Sunrunner » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 pm

WookieeDave wrote:I notice that a lot of the cinema sign ups have been shared with the UK garrison. Just wondering if there was a reason why this hadn't. I thought it might increase the amount of attendance. I will likely sign up as Chewie I just need to sort out my CRB and make sure I am available for the weekend. I'll let you know
As a general rule unless stipulated rebel only ( or they have their own invite) we extend all our troops to the UKG.
I think Jason was trying to finalise the dbs details with Cineworld to see if we could forgoe the dbs this time round.

Elstree Base Commanding Officer (BCO)
1138th Krayt Squadron Co
London & South East Events Coordinator
Rebel Legion Pilot Costume Judge

WookieeDave
Name: David White
2019 Troops: 1
Total Troops: 1

Post by WookieeDave » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Ok. I just noticed that on their events sign ups there weren't many in the east and this one might be popular. I'll wait and see what they say about the DBS check then shall I? It's not a problem getting it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DarthJay

Post by DarthJay » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm

I have extended this one to UKG who are waiting to see what feedback I receive from the cinema regarding the DBS.
Cleared Costumes:
Jayso Dag - Jedi Master

DarthJay

Post by DarthJay » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 am

Litetally just called the cinema as I hadn't received a reply to the email I sent them yet.

The manager on duty told me that Connor (the Manager who invited us) would not have requested the CRB/DBS unless he was instructed to.

So it stands that all attending costumers will need to provide a copy of their CRB/DBS checks.

I have informed the UKG and Mandos.
Cleared Costumes:
Jayso Dag - Jedi Master

thebrighton
Name: Gareth Collier
2019 Troops: 0
501st Number: 11968

Post by thebrighton » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:17 pm

I don't think the cinema understands how DBS checks work. You are able to obtain a basic DBS check yourself which just details any criminal convictions you may have which I believe costs £45.99. A standard (good character) or enhanced (working with children etc) DBS check can only be obtained by an organisation/employer and costs more (free to volunteers) and is specific to that organisation/employer. If this is what the cinema requires anyone that signs up would have to provide numerous forms of ID and the cinema would then have to apply and pay for the checks themselves.
A number of members have enhanced ones for trooping at GOSH but are exclusive to them so of no use to this request. To my knowledge of all the hospitals RL/UKG troop at only GOSH have this requirement so why a cinema had this requirement is beyond me.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... vice/about

DarthJay

Post by DarthJay » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:12 pm

The instruction from the cinema was that a DBS (no specified type) was a requirement for this and future troops at their venue; as a volunteer organisation each member can decide if they think this kind of check is appropriate for them. As the venue is local to me and I have worked with them multiple times before, I decided it wasn't an issue for me and went on and got the basic DBS check done (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/basic-dbs-checks-guidance).
Cleared Costumes:
Jayso Dag - Jedi Master

Return to “Current Troops Sign-up”